Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Gotcha Day"...Two Years Later!

Two years ago, Gary and I realized our dream. We became parents to the most amazing child! Mandy Rose stole our hearts in an instant. Each and every day since we have been awe-struck by the incredible blessing we were given when we were given this little girl.
I took the above picture just a few days after we returned home from China. On a whim, I plucked a Black-Eyed Susan from my garden and shot a few photos. Mandy Rose was so little, such a little angel!
Last year, when we returned home from our day of celebrating the anniversary of "Gotcha Day", I plucked another flower and shot some more pictures. I didn't realize until later that she was wearing overalls and a pink shirt like the year previous. She had grown and changed so much in that year!
This year, I must admit, I planned the pose on purpose. I decided I had a nice tradition going! I love overalls on Mandy Rose and made sure I had a pink shirt. Another Black-Eyed Susan and we were in business!
We celebrated our two year anniversary of "Gotcha Day" by going geocaching...one of our favorite family activities! We found some great "treasure" according to little Miss Mandy Rose! We ended the day by having supper with Mama Kitty, Papa, Uncle Matt, Aunt Reanna and Mandy Rose's cousins, Carlee and Waylon. What could be more perfect to celebrate the "birth" of a family than to spend it with family!!!
Mandy Rose has lost her baby looks....her little chubby cheeks and short hair are a memory. She is daily developing her personality and it is so fun to experience! She is so bright and funny and affectionate and precocious and.....I could go on and on. In a word, she is perfect! Happy "Gotcha Day" Mandy Rose! Momma and Daddy love you to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment