Thursday, December 17, 2009

Delilah!!

For the last couple of months, Mandy Rose has been talking about a puppy. All the time, we are hearing, "I need a puppy!" "Momma, I want a puppy!" "Daddy needs a puppy!" There is the crux of the matter, Gary is not a dog person at all! He did not even want to consider the possibility.
Today, I was parent helper at Mandy Rose's preschool. During circle time, her teacher was asking each child what they wanted for Christmas. Mandy Rose didn't miss a beat..."I want a puppy!" So, when she went down for a nap, Gary and I discussed it and he agreed! Yippee! (Momma kinda wanted a puppy too!) I found an ad in the paper for miniature schnauzer puppies and called. There were several left, so I made a trip about an hour north to bring home our latest addition to the family! She is actually a toy schnauzer and will get no bigger than about 8 pounds (which means the cats will be bigger than her! Ha!) We named her Delilah. There is a little inside joke to her name. Our best friends, the Dresher's just got a new puppy too which they named Samson. So, Delilah just seemed to fit!
When Mandy Rose woke from her nap, Daddy told her that Momma had gone to get her a present. When I got home, I was carrying the puppy behind my back and Mandy Rose was asking, "Where's my present, Momma?" I asked her what she had told Mrs. Shirley she wanted for Christmas? She again said, "A puppy!" Then, I brought Delilah out from behind my back. She just looked shocked! She acted like she couldn't believe that Delilah was real! She has spent the rest of the evening carrying her, kissing her, loving on her! This evening, we went out for our traditional tour of Christmas lights around Wichita. Mandy Rose insisted that Delilah go with us and we happily obliged her. I know training Delilah will be work, but the joy on my daughter's face is worth it!
Merry Christmas, Mandy Rose!! Little Miss Delilah! She is only about 8 inches long and weighs maybe a pound!
Mandy Rose and her new puppy!
Look closely! Delilah is sleeping between Mandy Rose's legs! She stayed there during our whole Christmas light tour!
Goofing off with Daddy's hat while having hot chocolate at Starbuck's!
Our precious girl...how could we deny her anything!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how precious is that!! I love the look on her face. Just priceless. You know you for sure the best mom & dad ever now!! The puppy is very cute too. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! And the little dog too!! Happy housebreaking!

    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy ~ Just got caught up on your blog!! Yeah for the Puppy for Christmas!! That puppy is simply the cutest puppy ever!! I am so glad Mandy Rose got her puppy for Christmas!! We wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas sweetie pie!! love, sophie

    ReplyDelete