Sunday, December 13, 2009

Making Cinnamon Ornaments

Last year, I started the tradition of making cinnamon salt dough ornaments for our Christmas tree. It is a fun project for Mandy Rose and I to do together and it makes the house smell amazing when they are baking! Even in the chaos of getting ready for the end of my semester at WSU, I still wanted to continue this tradition. We took one evening last week and got to work! Mandy Rose likes to help with each step of the process. I measure out the ingredients and she is my little "dumper". Most of it gets in the bowl! Then she helps me stir...until it gets too tough and she hands it back to me! LOL!
Cutting out the shapes is the best part! She really could do this on her own this year!
I think her next favorite part is watching the ornaments baking in the oven. Whenever I have anything in the oven, she insists on the oven light being on so she can watch! And, being the #1 member of the family, I gladly submit to her request!
Our finished ornaments! Aren't they cute? But she is even cuter!

No comments:

Post a Comment