Sunday, February 14, 2010

~Chinese New Year~

Yesterday, Mandy Rose and I went to Hutchinson to join with other adoptive families in our area to celebrate Chinese New Year!! I love this occasion! I love getting her all dressed up in Chinese silks and I love her having the opportunity to play with other beautiful kiddos from China!!
This is the last set of silks we purchased while in China. At first, I wasn't sure if I would like her in the yellow (she looks so striking in red), but she was just adorable and gots lots of compliments! She even grudgingly stood still long enough for Momma to put a few curls in her hair!
She still challenges me by not smiling naturally for my picture taking!! But this one isn't too bad. I don't know about you, but when we were growing up, there seemed to be a particular place where our parents would place us for picture taking time. Gary has numerous pictures of he and his brothers all lined up along the wall outside their farm house. In our home, it is in front of the hutch!! Year by year, we can tell how much she is growing by her height in comparison to the hutch! Ha!! Not the most exciting back drop, but, oh well. She makes any outfit look good....but I am her very biased Momma!
Of course, the highlight of Chinese New Year, is the food!! Mandy Rose thoroughly enjoyed noodles, chicken, crab rangoon, and, the very authentic Chinese chocolate icecream!!!
We had alot of fun and got to visit with lots of friends! A perfect way to celebrate the holiday!!

2 comments:

  1. I loved her in yellow!!!!!

    The girls talked non-stop about Mandy Rose. It was so great so see you ladies! We had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks terrific in yellow. Its not a color for just anyone, but she pulls it off well. Seems like a breath of sunshine in this gloomy winter!! Take care!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete