Sunday, August 9, 2009

Today is my birthday. I am 44 years old. I find myself thinking about the 40 years difference between Mandy Rose and me. Her daddy is almost 52 so they have 48 years between them. Some people probably think we are nuts to have a little one "at our age". Sometimes, I wonder if Mandy Rose will mind having older parents? Will she feel strangely about our age when she is a teenager? I know that, in general, she will think we are weird when she is a teenager no matter what our age, but will it be troublesome to her? I also think about my desire to adopt again. Gary isn't sure. He is perfectly happy with our family unit as it is. But, I envision a sibling for Mandy Rose. Another little one to call me Momma. But, at what age is it irresponsible or selfish to have another child? Is there even such an age? I don't feel old. I feel tired most days, but I don't think that is because of my age. I think a certain 3 year old has a little bit to do with that! Another birthday has come and gone, and I just find myself thinking....

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday Missy.

    I think we think on the same wave link! I often wonder about the "age" thing too. I too wonder if I will embarrass them when at their high school graduation when momma is using a walker! haha

    But, you know, our kids don't know anything about age. Not yet anyway. All they know is that we love them and that's all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy,
    Happy Birthday! Oh, how I had those thoughts so many times. I loved that God knew exactly when to bring Jie to us. Trayjan was getting ready to go into kindergarten and for us, it was perfect. I think of Sherry Raferty and she adopted her girls very close together and they seem to be the best friends. I don't think you could ever go wrong. Mandy Rose loves you and her daddy and she would love a sibling too whenever the right time is for your family. I would love to adopt a little brother for Jie and Trayjan....Jie would just love having a younger sibling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Missy,
    I say "go for it"!!! My hubby and I are going to China the end of Oct. or 1st part of Nov. to bring our little one home. She was born 12/05/08 and we are soon to be 54 and 50. What better use of our time than loving children is there?

    ReplyDelete